We make it easy for you to make a referral
A few notes on the important stuff:
- Our intake officer can provide accurate, up to date information about any waitlists that pertain to the service you would like to access, and the approximate wait time, as well as any funding that you may be able to access to partially or fully cover the costs of your therapy
- We take your privacy seriously and will not contact anyone about your health without your consent
- If you forget to include all relevant documents with your referral form, or further relevant information becomes available, please email it, with the client’s name, to [email protected]
- You can refer for the following services: Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Exercise Physiology
- We do offer an Allied Health Assistant service, however these sessions do need to be set up under the guidance of a Steps Therapy Allied Health Professional, so the initial referral does need to go to the Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Exercise Physiologist in the first instance
If you are not sure what service you need to best achieve the outcomes you are after – contact our admin team and we can work through this with you
Conditions we treat
You can visit our conditions page for a list of neurological conditions that our therapists have specific knowledge of, and experience working with. We only accept referrals for clients who have a neurological diagnosis and to ensure best practice client care and optimal therapy outcomes, we limit acceptance of referrals to conditions on the list.
If your condition is not on this list, we suggest you speak with either your GP or your Support Coordinator to assist you with locating an appropriate therapist to work with.
How to submit a referral
Anyone can make a referral to Steps – client, family member, a therapist or medical professional, or anyone else involved in the client’s care.
You just need to complete our New Client Referral Form and be sure to attach any relevant documents when you submit / return your form, including funding approvals.
If you are referring a client for therapy following discharge from hospital or rehabilitation please fill out our Hospital Discharge Referral Form.
If you are utilising NDIS funding, it is strongly advised to provide a copy of your current NDIS plan so that the most appropriate therapist can be allocated to you based on your plan goals. Current plan dates are also required to meet NDIS invoicing requirements.
If accessing a computer or email is tricky, our admin team can post you the form or can facilitate completing the form on the phone with you — we want to make this process as easy as possible
Once a referral form has been received, our admin team will:
- Contact you to source any missing information
- Contact your funding body to ascertain you have funding available for the therapy requested, if you have not already provided this information
- Work with our team of therapists to triage the referral to the most appropriate therapist
- Contact the client or their representative to arrange the initial appointment
- Provide information about the costs involved and any funding which may be available to the client to partially or fully cover the costs of the service
The contact email address for referrals is [email protected]