Our commitment to you
We will listen
We will speak your language
We will collaborate
We will know our stuff
We will work hard to get you where you want to be
We will never give up
Empowering you to live the life you choose
We understand your needs are unique, so we start by listening to you and creating a plan with you that’s based on your goals. We strive to offer therapy options you haven’t tried before, and with these options we offer choice — for example, whether you want your therapy delivered at the clinic or home, or whether you’d prefer to work with a specific equipment provider. We know your time is precious, so we only suggest therapy and equipment options that are supported by research and evidence.
We use techniques that harness the benefits of neuroplasticity so your nervous system adapts to new ways of moving and thinking. We support you with guided practice as your brain and nervous system adapt and form new neural connections, and you learn new skills. We also ensure that your muscular system is strengthened, lengthened and primed to move as effectively as possibly for your body.
Cross-discipline collaboration gets the best results for you
Our team works across a range of professional services including Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Exercise Physiology. Many of our clients work with multiple Steps therapists, and some also complete therapist-devised programs outside of therapy sessions with the assistance of a Steps Allied Health Assistant. The therapists you work with will communicate relevant information with each other, meaning they’re always up-to-date and on the same page, and your therapy is streamlined.
We can also link you in with our external network of community health professionals and services quickly and efficiently, and where appropriate or requested by you, we can be there for joint sessions to facilitate introductions, or to assist with in-session decision making about your clinical needs.
We take care of the admin so you can focus on what’s important to you
We take care of the paperwork and communication with your family, caregivers and health professionals to get everyone on the same page, so you can focus on what’s important. This includes:
- Communicating with your therapy team, medical team and other people who are involved in your care
- Writing letters to update your neurologist or other relevant medical specialist on your therapy program and progress, before your review appointments with them
- Assisting you to get the funding you need by reporting to funding bodies in a professional and timely manner
- Tracking your relevant funding dates and initiating new funding requests so that there is no lapse in funding.
- Helping you with therapy equipment, assistive technology and both minor and major house modification requests so that these are completed within an agreed timeframe
What funding is available to you?
Find out more about funding options available to you