The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) was designed to support the needs of people with permanent and significant disability.
As a registered NDIS provider, we work closely with many clients who receive support through their NDIS package. As part of this package, we can provide physiotherapy, occupational therapy, exercise physiology and allied health assistants. Our therapists work with you and the rest of your team to help you achieve the goals you’ve set out in your NDIS plan. We also actively advocate for clients who are seeking to access an NDIS plan for the first time.
What to expect
To begin the process, you will have a consultation with a therapist where you will both discuss your needs and therapy goals. At the end of this session, you and your therapist will have developed a therapy plan and schedule of supports to help you achieve the goals you’ve set out in your NDIS plan. This will ensure you’re maximising your funding and it will give you a clear understanding of your therapy path.
Our therapists can provide:
- Individual therapy
- Rooms based sessions or home visits
- Community therapy sessions at your local community facilities
- Comprehensive therapy programs to continue with at home or with the help our allied health assistant or support worker
- Detailed NDIS funding reports
- Assistive technology (AT) requests to ensure you have the equipment that you need
- Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) assessments if needed
- Liaison with Support Coordinators and Local Access Coordinators to help you achieve your goals.
If you would like to understand more about the types of supports that are funded through the NDIS please visit www.ndis.gov.au
Visit the services tab to find out more about how we can help you.
The fee we charge for your therapy services is set by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). The NDIS Price Guide stipulates charges for therapy intervention which are currently:
- Hourly Therapy rate – $193.99/hour for all therapy intervention including direct therapy and report writing
- Travel time rate – As per the NDIS Price Guide, up to 30 minutes travel to and from each visit will be billed at the current rate $193.99/hour.
- Other travel related expenses – Road tolls and parking fees are avoided if possible, but if unavoidable, are passed on in full to the participant. Non labour travel vehicle costs are charged at $0.97 per km as per the NDIS Price Guide.
- Cancellation policy – Cancellations where Steps has been provided with less than 24 hours notice will be charged in full as per the NDIS Price Guide.
For more information regarding pricing please visit NDIS Price Guide or contact one of our friendly reception team on 9568 5611 or email [email protected]
We work with clients under all payment schemes including self managed, portal managed and plan managed plans.
Funding type 1: Self Managing your NDIS funds
If you choose to self manage your NDIS funds you will receive invoices directly from your provider for services you have received. You are required to pay for these services yourself and submit a Payment Request using the NDIS online myplace portal.
Through the Portal you need to enter:
- Start and end date for the support
- Payment amount
- Support category (the self-managed support budget in your NDIS plan that you want to draw funds from).
For more information regarding self managed funding and paying for your supports visit: https://www.ndis.gov.au/participants/using-your-plan/self-management/paying-your-supports
Funding type 2: NDIS Plan Manager managing your NDIS funds
In this payment option you can choose a Plan Manager to manage your NDIS funds on your behalf. We as your therapy provider would then send invoices for services directly to the agency for payment. They are many companies that exist that can provide this service for you. Speak to your Local Area Coordinator if this is an avenue you would like to explore.
Funding type 3: NDIA managing your NDIS funds
If you choose this option your therapy provider submits a payment request through the myplace provider portal to receive payment for therapy services delivered. You and your therapist will first need to agree on the number of therapy hours you wish to assign to Steps Therapy for the duration of your plan as this information is required for us to access the portal to receive payment for services.
Find out more about NDIS funding
Please contact our friendly reception team who can help you understand your options