Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo is a common cause of dizziness. People with this condition experience brief episodes of vertigo (dizziness) triggered by changes in head position. This can occur with activities such as rolling, turning your head, or dressing. It can cause significant impairments in a person’s quality of life and interrupt participation in work and in daily activities. BPPV can also contribute to an increased risk of falls.
How we can help:
The therapists at Steps have an expert understanding of your condition and will provide a comprehensive and compassionate assessment of your goals and your needs.
- Complete a comprehensive vestibular assessment
- Provide repositioning treatment and follow up care to help resolve your dizziness
- Establish a home exercise program
- Provide education about your condition
- Visual stability training
- Balance training
- Neck mobility and stretching exercises